Download the Breach Level Index 2017 H1 Report Now
Get insights into breach incidents by industry, source, type, and geographic region.
According to the latest Breach Level Index report, there were 918 reported data breaches and almost 1.9 billion compromised data records worldwide in the first half of 2017.
Other key findings include:
- Almost 1.9 billion records compromised, lost or stolen in the first half of 2017, up by 164% from the last six months in 2016.
- Identity theft accounted for 74% of all data breaches in the first six months of 2017, up 49% from the second half of 2016
- Malicious outsiders were responsible for 74% of breaches, up by 23%
- Across industries, healthcare sector data breaches made up 25% of all breaches, with major breaches around the U.K’s National Health Service.
- Education made up 13% of all breaches, with an increase of 103%
Download the full report today for complete insights into breach incidents by industry, source, type, and geographic region.
Download the Report Now
By submitting this form I agree to receive information from Gemalto and its affiliates as described in our Privacy statement.